Friday, February 13, 2009

Self Portrait with Mug




Here's a little mug I finished up yesterday! The pattern came from Ana Paula Rimoli's Amigurumi World, which has been a great sourcebook for learning the basics of crochet and ami-ing (although both Johnny and I had to resort to a youtube video in order to actually figure it out -- learning from pictures skill level down). I love the way she makes the faces on her amis, they have such personality. Mine looks a little bit peaky and hesitant, like he's feeling under the weather.

I've also been having a brief love affair with rounded photo corners. It's something that used to be on my list as an unnecessary touch, but as an experiment it's actually been kind of... charming! Anyway, searching through themed Flickr photo pools has been a great source for finding projects to stay busy with.

That and perpetual organization of my closet, which is small and depressing and missing all of the boxes of clothes currently still waiting for me in Tacoma.

2 comments:

  1. I like the rounded corner photos. Well, I do now, being that I saw how good it looked on your blog. How do you do it? Teach me. Please.

    This comment brought to you by the word "billsal".

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has nothing to do with this blog... except the cup is cute and this story is about cuteness....
    So a few days ago we got this catalog for all this crazy Japanese stationary and toys and I was mesmerized and I missed you. I tried to get Mike to get excited... but he was only in Korea not Japan. Then I said you are a horrible new Michelle.

    The end.

    ReplyDelete